Monday, March 26, 2007

Responding to NPR

I went to NPR's website and looked at an audio slide show of pictures from Iraq. It really made me angry - not the photos, not what the photographer said, but the NPR person doing the interview said. I sent them this:


In the slide show, there is the statement "the driver refused to stop". I would like to know on exactly what basis you make this claim. I am sure the driver did not admit that, since his head was blown off. Did you interview the kids and did they tell you that their daddy said he refused to stop for US troops ahead?

This kind of propaganda causes more and more war and more and more grief. It sickens me that the slide show said such a thing.

Then the Renee Montagne makes the inane comment "even though there's a soldier standing next to her - she looks completely alone". [In regards to the picture of the screaming little girl.]

Well, Renee - maybe one day you will have the killer of your parents standing next to you and you will understand something of what that little girl experienced, and you would know that you were all alone in the world. Maybe you will understand a bit more of how this kind of loss feels - at least, I would hope so.

No mention in the piece about the little boy who had spinal injuries now and no access to medical care - no mention of how the older girl has said she hates Americans and wants to drink their blood.

I am quite certain the children don't see it as "an accident" --- what a stupid thing to say.

But it sure lets Americans off the hook when you can say "ACCIDENT" --- I guess the US military on the orders of bush/cheney ACCIDENTALLY DID AN OCCUPATION WHERE THEY SHOOT AT IRAQIS WHO GET TOO CLOSE TO THEM.

HOW DARE THOSE IRAQIS GO DRIVING AROUND THEIR OWN CITY WHEN THERE ARE US MILITARY PRESENT, RIGHT?

This whole piece was totally disgusting and I rather doubt that Renee Montagne qualifies as a human being.

No comments: