Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Thank you, Cindy! Thank you, Sami!

This picture was taken at the Greensboro Rally in April 2007. The man in the photo is Sami Rasouli. Sami and Cindy both spoke at this rally. I was busy getting people to sign postcards asking for the end of the occupation of Iraq, so I did not get a change to listen to them closely. I have 150+ postcards for dole, burr and Rep. Shuler which I will deliver this month to their offices in DC.

I just want to say THANK YOU Cindy for the boost you gave to the anti-war movement. THANK YOU for trying to stop this hideous occupation of a country that did nothing to us at all. I hope you will rest up and come back to join the fight, because we need all hands on deck!

And THANK YOU to Sami Rasouli for trying to help the country of Iraq and bring some measure of peace and stability to that country by non-violent means. Sami is an Iraqi-American living in Najaf for most of the year. He is a member of the Muslim Peacemakers Team, which is following the extraordinary example of the Christian Peacemakers Team. Tom Fox was a member of CPT, and he gave up his life in pursuit of non-violent means of solving conflict. I hope Sami does not ever have to make such a sacrifice.

The price that Cindy has paid, and the price that Sami has paid is extraordinary. I hope they find satisfaction in knowing that they are working for, and standing for the right things on this earth. Even if they are not successful during their lifetimes, at least they know that THEY TRIED.

And I am grateful for knowing them and being inspired by their examples. I wish them all the best.

And I am glad that Cindy realizes what a problem with have with the Democratic party here in the USA. They are nearly as war-mongering as the Republicans, the main difference is that the Democrats care a bit more about Americans and are more competent managers. I do work for the Democratic Party and the Progressive Democrats of America, but my eyes are wide open to the reality of what is really going one. We have a one-party two face system that is of the corporations, by the corporations and for the corporations. And this has to change, one way or another. I am working for peaceful change via non-violent means, but in the end someone else may deliver something quite different to the American people, and it will not be a happy occasion at all.

Once again, THANK YOU Cindy and her sister Dede, and to Sami Rasouli and to all the other people who are putting their heart and soul into changing our corporate-run country into something with decency and morals.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!

And never give up!

I will be downtown today just before the fireworks start, holding up a HONK TO IMPEACH sign. Already put flyers on windshields today saying BRING THEM HOME and plan on handing out flyers after SiCKO.

Happy July 4th to everyone from an true American Patriot!

No comments: