Friday, May 02, 2008

These folks are my heroes!


Photo:

West Coast Dockworkers Hold Day-Long Work Stoppage To Protest Iraq War

SAN FRANCISCO - MAY 01: Dockworkers with the International Longshoremen and Warehouseman's Union and anti-war protestors march along the Embarcadero during an anti-war protest May 1, 2008 in San Francisco, California. Dockworkers along the west coast of the United States staged a work stoppage today in protest of the Iraq war. (Photo by Justin Sullivan/Getty Images)

Well, these folks are my heroes! I would have joined them, except I don’t think anyone I work with in North Carolina would have realized what I was doing – and it would not have any impact anyway! But maybe one day, all Americans will join together and stop working entirely until this hideous war is stopped and the criminals who started it are arrested and thrown in prison.

Well, one can dream.

No comments: