Sunday, December 26, 2004

Do Something!

From Rebecca Solnit:
"And besides which, if you give up, you'll hate yourself in the morning. If you act, you may or may not have the impact you intend, but you know what the consequences of passivity are. Insurrection is the honorable way to go, and you can be a small victory just by being in public, in touch, and outspoken -- one person who hasn't been conquered. Don't do the Administration the favor of conquering yourself."

Next month, I will be going to DC to demonstrate against Bush's policies. I will also attend a Progressive Democrats of America conference (hey, I'm a treaurer of a PAC now, and I don't even really care for politics!) and help out at the American Friends Service Committee exhibit "Eyes Wide Open" for a couple of days. This is an exhibit about the Iraq war. They have a petition on line that is asking the US to get our troop out of there, also. I hope to get a chance to see the museums in DC also.

Tonight, I am connecting with a local person about getting the "Eyes Wide Open" exhibit brought to my town, plus I will be emailing advertisers for the horrible media company, Sinclair Broadcasting.

Tomorrow, the White House Comment line will be open again (202-456-1112), and I will call them yet again and let them know what I think. They need to hear it, believe me.

So, do something! As long as it is constuctive and nonviolent, it will probably help in the long run. And even if it doesn't, at least you can sleep at night.

No comments: