Sunday, April 24, 2005

More on Marla

Today's editorial in my local paper ends with the question:

"Who will be our conscience now?"

Who, indeed.


A mother explains to her child that a women who worked to obtain aid for Iraqi children, and her daughter asks in response:

"But now, who will help the little girl?"

Who, indeed.


And an Iraqi boy, injured by a US shooting, says when he learns of Marla's death:

"I say to her parents: God bless her soul, God give them strength to endure this tragedy," he said. "I lost her, they lost her and every poor Iraqi has lost her."

They are all talking about Marla Ruzicka. This young Iraqi boy really needed Marla, since she was going to get him to the states to get needed medical attention so he could walk again. Now there is no one to do this.


"occupation of iraq
lasting insurgency = reason to stay
lasting insurgency = reduced oil output
reduced oil output = higher crude prices + pressure on opec to raise output whilst the US is sitting in control of one of the largest oil reserves."
This was written on a blog by Chris Williams. It pretty much sums it up.

And finally, I would like to recommend two articles on another blog:

http://www.muslimwakeup.com/

The two great articles I read there were from earlier this month of April. One was "How I lost my Religion in the Holy Lands" and the other one was "An Inner Place of Healing: Combining Focusing and Sufism". The last one reminded me of Quaker meetings.

No comments: