Saturday, January 07, 2006

My letter to Airborne Division public relations

To: Loomis, Edward LTC USA 101st Airborne DivisionSubject: any proof?

Do you have any proof whatsoever that the hole they were digging was for an IED????

Do you know that there are gravel plants nearby for road building????

What if they were just fixing the road????

CNN reports today that you HIT THE WRONG HOUSE ANYWAY.

And that means 14 people are dead, with no arrest, no evidence, no trial, and no jury.

JUST DEATH. And that includes death to the innocent children who were killed.


your story:
AIR SUPPORT PREEMPTS POSSIBLE IED EMPLACEMENT

TIKRIT, Iraq – Coalition forces reconnaissance aircraft observed three men suspected of emplacing an improvised explosive device digging in a road near Bayji after 9:00 p.m. on Jan.2, prompting a military response against them. An unmanned aerial vehicle from 3rd Brigade Combat Team, 101st Airborne Division observed the would-be attackers as they dug a hole following the common pattern of road-side bomb emplacement. The individuals were assessed as posing a threat to Iraqi civilians and coalition forces, and the location of the three men was relayed to close air support pilots. The individuals left the road site and were followed from the air to a nearby building. Coalition forces employed precision guided munitions on the structure. Local Iraqi police were the first authorities at the scene to conduct post-event response.

For more information, please contact the 101st AIRBORNE DIVISION Public Affairs Office at EDWARD.LOOMIS@US.ARMY.MIL.



I am so angry about this. I am so sad about this. I wish that you, and the Bush administration, and all the war supporters and everyone involved in the military could fully, truly, madly, deeply, completely KNOW what it feels like to hold your child in your arms with their skulls half gone. I don't wish harm to any child, I just wish YOU WOULD KNOW WHAT THAT WOULD FEEL LIKE. But you never will, will you??

Susan



Mr. Loomis responded by asking me if I wrote a certain opinion piece, which shows he can do a google search. I responded to him by noting that he didn't answer my questions, and I have heard nothing since. I invite you to email Mr. Loomis and tell him that Susan sent you.

I will update if I hear anything.

No comments: