Friday, July 02, 2010

Letter to Toronto police

complete with misspellings:

I am a Canadian living in Asheville NC. I have been watching the reports on the protests at the G20 and I can hardly believe what I am seeing.

I lived in Hamilton Ontario and always knew the police of Hamilton and Toronto to be helpful and police. [should say 'polite']   What I am seeing in videos at the G20 shows them acting like bruts [brutes] with no sense at all.

It looks to me that the police let the thugs break store windows and burn police cars on purpose, so they would then have an excuse to beat up on peaceful protesters and arrest people for nothing.

The use of plain clothes police jumping out of vans to snatch people who were doing nothing is especially sickening.

I am appalled.

It appears that Toronto has SERIOUS PROBLEMS WITH THEIR POLICE. They are out of control and don't know the difference between free speech, peaceful assembly and people destroying property. It seems that you have A LOT OF WORK TO DO TO BRING ABOUT SOME PROFESSIONAL STANDARDS THERE.

This is just appalling to me, as a Canadian, that the police acted this way.

I left this comment on this website for emailing Professional Standards board.

I have been watching The Real News about the protests there and how the police acted.

No comments: