Monday, May 30, 2011

Behind my condo - May 29, 2011


Directly behind my condo, there is a hill.  Normally at this time of year, it is covered with green stuff- mostly weeds.  This year, it is mostly brown (with a few green plants) because they sprayed it with herbicides.  I was home when they (the landscaping company the management hired) did this, and it smelled so bad I immediately shut my windows and doors.  I also got a headache.  I started to feel sorry for the young guy spaying this poison on the earth, since he will likely have his health impacted if he does it a lot.  But he told me that he was glad they spayed, since it meant he had to do less weed cutting.  So, I stopped feeling sorry for him - he is stupid, and stupid people only learn the hard way.

Last year, the only person who cut any weeds (that I know about) was me.  I cut them back when they started overgrowing the grassy area. I took these photos from my back patio.  If we were to have a deluge of rain, there is a good chance that the hill would turn into a mud slide and cover my back patio.  Sure hope that does not happen.  And I sure hope the stupid guy, and the stupid people who started this program of spraying unnecessary herbicides are the only ones to suffer from their stupidity, but this hope will not likely be realized.  Here are a couple more pictures I took today - you can see exactly how high the herbicides reached:


No comments: