Monday, January 09, 2012

Chase Bank


Chase Bank had sent me an unsolicited MasterCard back in May 2002.  I had called and asked them to cancel the card, and one department said it was cancelled while another letter I received said the opposite.  This went on for a few months, and the card kept showing up on my credit report.  I wrote this to Chase Bank in January 2003:
“It should be illegal to force accounts on people that they don’t want and did not ask for, but American banks and credit card operations know no limit to their greed and stupidity.  There lack of consideration and interest in other people knows no boundaries.”
This was in 2003, and I did not figure out there was a housing bubble until 2005 (driven by the banks/mortgage firms and speculators) or that there was extensive fraud going on in the mortgage industry, and that CDS and CDOs were expanding exponentially until 2007.  But even in 2003, I recognized that there was something seriously wrong here.

And the worst is yet to come, in regards to our economic situation.

No comments: