Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Letter to my US Senators


Message sent to the following recipients:
Senator Burr
Senator Hagan


November 14, 2013

Please pass the budget our nation needs by imposing spending discipline on the Pentagon - at least $1 trillion in cuts over the next 10 years -and invest federal funds in programs that build communities, support people in need and provide a path out of poverty.

A $1 trillion cut in Pentagon spending is attainable and reasonable. Even with this reduction, our nation would still be spending about the same as we spent at the height of the Vietnam and Cold Wars.

I am part of the Friends Committee on National Legislation (FCNL), the Quaker lobby based in Washington, DC. I was not able to join FCNL's supporters are lobbying today in Washington but I want you to know that I strongly support cutting the Pentagon budget and investing in the needs of our nation.

No comments: