Sunday, September 14, 2008

This week's events


Photo: March of thousands to DNC site in Denver led by "Support GI Resistance" banner! From Courage to Resist email.

I have posted all the upcoming events in the area for this week at the WNC Peace Coalition blog.

We have a busy week - there are three activities I am involved in on Saturday alone, and I had to turn down two other activities.

I got an email today saying that a hateful anti-Islamic DVD was put inside the Raleigh News & Observer. It seems our society is now targeting Muslims and Hispanics. And doing so in a very hateful, un-Christian, and immoral way.

On top of that, it looks like this may be the week that the US economy really starts the crash, thanks to our investment bankers! Yipee!

And I always go and get gas the day before a hurricane hits in the Gulf - but this time, I didn't because the prices had shot up so much overnight. It went from $3.58 to $4.99 per gallon. Then, on Saturday, I was taking a walk in my neighborhood and found that two out of three local gas stations had completely run out of gas. This is unbelievable to me - since the impact of the hurricane was not even known yet, much less impacting on us. I think this is more evidence that my fellow citizens are loony-tunes. Really expensive gas along with an economy tanking should make things very interesting - and very ugly.

No comments: