Thursday, May 19, 2005

And McClellan sprouts too (not edible)

Although that was "a good first step," McClellan said, the White House wants Newsweek "to help repair the damage" by explaining "what happened and why they got it wrong, particularly to people in the region."'The report had real consequences,' Mr. McClellan said. 'People have lost their lives. Our image abroad has been damaged.'

Well, I don't care much about someone's *IMAGE* - I care about reality. I care about what is actually happening, and who is getting hurt. So, McClellan and the Bush White House should explain why the US went to OPTIONAL war for totally BOGUS reasons. (Well, for LIES, actually.)

I would like an explanation as to why they got it wrong - PARTICULARLY TO THE IRAQI PEOPLE AND THE US FAMILIES WHO LOST LOVED ONES IN THIS SENSELESS WAR.

And then I would like an apology to the people who lost their lives, loved ones, health, homes, possessions, jobs, careers, businesses, and sanity. And then pay them compensation for the losses.

Like I said, I don't care about images. But a little honestly would improve the image of Rumsfeld, McClellan and Bush.

No comments: