Sunday, December 07, 2008

Upcoming Events in the area this week


Photo was taken at the School of the America's Watch in November in Fort Benning Georgia.

I spent the past weekend in Greensboro going to the Progressive Democrats of NC conference. It was quite informative, and I will have a report up in a day or two.

I have gotten pages of signatures for the "Close the SOA" petition lately, and I have collected materials for hygiene kits for Haiti (a project of the American Friends Service Committee). I took 24 hygiene kits to AFSC house in High Point, NC. There are a lot of Friends meeting houses and schools in High Point and Greensboro.

Upcoming events in the area this week are listed on the WNC Peace Coalition blog. I will go to the presentation at Warren Wilson College tomorrow night, and likely go to the movie at UU church on Friday night. See you there!

No comments: