Friday, April 10, 2009

This land ain't my land, this land ain't your land...

I heard this song on the show Democracy Now! and copied down the lyrics. I am sure you will catch the tune. The original version was sung by Woody Guthrie at an Obama Inauguration event.

But it’s an old song,
I had to change it,
Times ain’t want they used to be…..

As I went walking that super highway
Below the gray haze and city skyway
I was arrested for hitchhiking on the freeway
They said it don’t belong to me….

No, it ain’t your land,
And it ain’t my land,
Could be a rich land,
But it’s a poor land,
Because of the few that hold it in their tight-griped hands,
So it don’t belong to you or me!

When I was younger and in my schoolin,
I learned and followed by all the rule ‘ins,
I never dreamed they were only foolin’
How could my teachers lie to me?

I'm waiting for the day we hold a massive protest at the White House to protest spending all our money on bailouts, wars and weapons............ and start chanting YES, WE CAN!

No comments: