Thursday, February 11, 2010

Protect civilians in Marjah

This is the email that I sent to Obama, Burr, Hagen, Shuler tonight:

I am alarmed by press reports that U.S. forces are about to launch a major assault on the Afghan district of Marjah, where tens of thousands of civilians remain in their homes. I urge you to do everything in your power to protect civilians in Marjah, as the United States is obligated to do under the laws of war. If you cannot guarantee that civilians in Marjah will be protected, I urge you to cancel this assault.

I was asked to do this via Just Foreign Policy email, and you can go to their website to send the same email.

At that website, you can compose your own email or just use theirs, as shown above. I am afraid that Marjah is going to be another Fallujah.

No comments: