Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Letter to my Senators on 6-1-10

At the urging of FCNL, I sent this letter via their website.  The last sentence is theirs.  There is a video of Ann Wright being interviewed last Saturday further down on the blog.  I am agnostic about a two-state solution.  I think the people of Palestine and Israel should make the decision about a one-state or two-state solution.  But I am totally against Israel's policy of occupation, warfare, and brutality towards other people, particularly the Palestinians.

I have a friend, Col. Ann Wright (Retired, US Army) who is now in prison in Israel.  I know she is okay because there was a video shot of her coming off the Mavi Marmara boat.  She was under control of the IDF.  She is also a former US diplomat with the US State Department.  She quit her job over the invasion of Iraq.

I am appalled at the behavior of the IDF and the Israeli government.  I am also appalled that the US government does not take some action concerning this situation.  I am not seeing any progress on the horrible conditions that Gaza is forced to live under because of Israel's government.

Senator Feinstein has drafted a letter to Secretary of State Hillary Clinton urging support for deliberate, determined U.S. diplomacy for a two-state solution. I urge you to let Senator Feinstein know this week that you will sign the letter with her.

No comments: