Thursday, June 24, 2010

Letter to Shuler tonight

Photo is of a recent Women in Black vigil at Pack Square in downtown Asheville.

Here is my letter to Rep. Shuler:

"If Americans pulled back and started paying attention to this war, it would become even less popular," a senior adviser to Gen. Stanley McChrystal says in a recent Rolling Stone magazine article called “The Runaway General.”  

I have been paying attention to the wars in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Pakistan.  I am aware of the Special Forces operating in over 75 foreign countries.  And none of these actions are popular with me, because I see the dead civilians on my computer, and I hear the horrible tales of devastation that the US government has visited on them.  

I know it is massively, massively, massively evil and as far from the teachings of Jesus Christ as anyone can get.

I want it to stop.

I want the US to start being a force for good in the world instead of evil.  

Wars are evil.

Occupations are evil.

Bombing people is evil.

Killing people is evil.

I want it to stop.

No comments: