Here is what I learned from them so far:
- Nearly all Arab governments in the Middle East are telling the US that they are afraid of Iran getting a nuclear bomb. They are afraid of Iran having too much power in the region. Of course, that increased power came about because of the US invasion and occupation of Iraq.
In light of the fact that Iran has not acted aggressively in living memory, this is bizarre. Maybe the Arab governments want more war toys? Or are US cable writers just promoting more war by making shit up? Would not be the first time…..
- Egypt knew about the upcoming attack on Gaza in June 2008. So did Abbas and his Fatah party. The attack happened in December 2008 and January 2009. Egypt did nothing to stop it. Abbas did nothing to stop it. 1400 Palestinian civilians were killed, about 1/3 children.
Yeah, Hamas are assholes, so it Fatah and the Egyptian government.
- While Gates and other US officials were publicly claiming that Iran is giving weapons and funding to the Taliban in Afghanistan, in private, they said this was bullshit.
Just trying to promote more war …..
- Iran is reportedly using the Red Crescent to get weapons to Hamas and Hezbollah. No verification, just claims.
Not Nice, if this is true. Evil, actually.
- The US knew the coup in Honduras was a military coup, and they knew they were supposed to (under US law) stop payments to the country. They choose not to do so. No definite proof that the US was behind the coup in Honduras in 2009.
But they probably were.
- The former vice president of the US-puppet government in Afghanistan left the country with $52 MILLION in a suitcase! He was allowed to keep it.
Our “friends” are criminals.
- Yemen is taking the fall for US drone bombings in that country.
That will help make Yemen even more unstable and violent. Good plan!! NOT.
- Secretary Clinton ordered diplomats to spy on the UN Security Council.
She is a creep.
- The US is paying off foreign countries to accept former GITMO prisoners. Or trading prisoners for access to President Obama.
- The US is trying to remove nuclear fuel from Pakistan. They failed. Pakistan won’t let them do it. Meanwhile, the US Senate has not ratified START, which is to secure and account for lose nukes in Russia.
- Qatar told Senator Kerry that they want a dialogue with Iran and a solution to the Israel-Palestine conflict. The Amir said that Israel is causing the US to lose the “hearts and minds” of Muslims.
I don’t know – seems like the US is doing a fine job of that without any help from Israel.
- Iran is trying to get rockets from North Korea.
Iran is going to get more and more interested in defensive weapons as the ugly rhetoric heats up towards their country.
"When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic." - Dresden James