Friday, July 08, 2005

Bombs on Thursday

On Thursday, there were 21 people killed in Iraq from mortars, bombs, bullets. This is from Iraq Coalition Casualties site, and I doubt it is a complete listing of all press articles about Iraq. I doubt that all the violence in Iraq makes it into the press.

And on Thursday, over 50 people were killed by bombs in London's subway and a bus.

Last week, we know that US bombs killed 17 civilians in Afghanistan.

I would say we are not winning our *war* on terror here. I would say it is getting worse. Violence begets violence, as always. It does seem to me that if war solved problems, we would have solved a few by now. Instead, it seems war leads to severe problems for civilians and lays the conditions for the next war.

Also, when I woke up on Thursday, I thought I heard NPR say that there were six bombings in London. Today I learned there were four bombs that went off and two found unexploded. This has struck me as very odd. Why were they reporting six bombs having gone off, when it was only four? How long did it take to find the unexploded bombs? Who found them? I sure hope they find whoever did this horrible crime.

And I hope they find out who had done all the bombings in Iraq (well, we know who dropped the air bombs already) and bring them to justice.

My heart goes out to all the innocent victims of violence.

Peace.

No comments: