Friday, July 01, 2005

Visiting Senator's offices again

Today, I joined up with a women named Laura, who I met at the UFPJ meeting. She was from Texas, so we were going to go and visit her Senators, and stop in at Senator Reid's office and Senator Lautenberg's office. We went into the Russell Senate Office Building, and we were stopped because of my display boards. The officer there said we had to go to Special Events and get a special permit to get in. Since it was lunch time, and we had no appointments to talk to any Senators, I felt that this was going nowhere.

Odd, since I got in okay just two days before. Today, they were telling me that this was a protest. I tried to tell them it was just information. I did have on a tee shirt that said "Democracy is best taught by example, not by war" and I guess that could be considered a protest shirt.

I am now in Front Royal at a cafe. I am headed to the mountains and back to sweet home Asheville.

No comments: