Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Free Speech in the USA

I have license plates that say IMPEACH. Normally, people in other cars and pedestrians have nothing to say about my plates, although I have gotten positive feedback on occasion. But yesterday, someone gave me the finger as they honked and drove past in Kentucky on I-75. They were driving a Toyota Cambry (white) with license plates 037 AGK.

I just wanted to make a note of that, in case someone decides to take it further and tracks me down. I did not respond to their giving me the finger and honking.

Also, the last two days, I have been busy calling the UCLA police department to talk to Karl Ross, the head of that department. I called because of the cell phone film of a guy in the UCLA library who got tazered five or six times, while he was not being violent or threatening. (He did say some ugly language like f**k you to the officers.) This film of this incident is about 6 minutes long. I am very upset with these police officers and have been telling Ross (via leaving messages) that the officers need to be fired and then arrested for assault. I think they should also be tazered themselves, for the same amount of time and intensity and with the same weapon. I would be willing to do that myself (hey, were did my pacifism go?). I also think the supervisors for these men should be fired. The phone number to call Karl Ross is 310-825-1491.

No comments: