Monday, December 04, 2006

Christmas Wishes



Since it is so small, I will retell the above cartoon from December 2004. It is from a comic strip called GET YOUR WAR ON.

The first guy says "And what do you want for Christmas, my grumpy little friend?"

The second guy says "What do I want for Christmas? I want to be wrong. I want to be totally wrong about everything. And I mean embarrassingly wrong. I want Iraq to be a flourishing, humane, free-market democracy this time next year, and to actually turn to me and say "In your face, cynical New York man! Your visionary president sowed the seeds of democracy in me while you stood around and belly-ached!" And then I'll be like "Damn, I guess I never really did have any idea what the Cheney I was moaning about, huh? My bad, Mr. President."

The first guy then says "Doesn't it get old, wishing for the same thing every Christmas?"



And my answer to that question is "Yes, it does."

No comments: