Wednesday, March 14, 2007

What needs to happen...

What needs to happen is the cutting of any funding for this war. But, it is sadly looking less and less likely. The Democrats were elected because so many Americans were disgusted with this war...... a war that many of them once supported. And now the Democrats are hemming and hawing about - and not stepping up to stop the war.



Here's the kind of wonderful poetry you get when you don't stop evil wars:


The sun has made a veil of gold

So lovely that my body aches

Above, the heavens shriek with blue

Convinced I’ve smiled by some mistake.

The world’s abloom and seems to smile.

I want to fly but where, how high?

If in barbed wire, things can bloom

Why couldn’t I? I will not die!

Anonymous, 1944 “On A Sunny Evening

(Above written by a child who lived in the Terezin concentration camp.)

Damn all the war makers and the war supporters.

No comments: