Monday, January 07, 2008

Kucinich and his Iowa decision

That would be his decision to ask his supporters in Iowa, if they found they did not have enough people to caucus for Kucinich on the first ballot, to go and join up with Obama supporters for the second ballot. Kucinich sent out this email:

In answer to your questions about why I didn't support former Senator John Edwards on the second ballot in Iowa: I have serious concerns about his connections to a Wall Street hedge fund, Fortress Investment Group. While attacking others for accepting campaign money from Washington lobbyists, he is up to his ears in money from Wall Street special interests.

He made half a million dollars in a single year for attending a few meetings for Fortress and has invested a substantial part of his own personal wealth in the hedge fund whose portfolios are responsible for sub-prime predatory lending practices, Medicare privatization, and an entire range of corporate sharp dealings that are driving the middle class into poverty.

While I indicated Senator Obama as a preferred second choice in Iowa, Progressives have fundamental disagreements with him and all of the other Presidential candidates on most of their major positions on the issues.

We must have the courage of our convictions to fully support and vote for what it is we really want. For once, we must realize our power, stop playing tactical games, and vote as a bloc - which, as you know, is what the religious right does and why they often win.

We Progressives are in the majority in this election. We will win only when we refuse to compromise and vote with integrity.

I have got to say that I once was an Edwards supporter. That ended, totally and completely, back in 2003 when he decided to vote for this god-damn war on Iraq and then did nothing to stop it in spite of the fact that the UN weapons inspectors found NOTHING in Iraq to support the claim that there were WMDs there. Now, to take this position (that we needed to go into Iraq for WMDS in March 2003) requires either great stupidity or the ability to lie extensively. I don't see Edwards (or Clinton) as being that stupid. Therefore, the logical conclusion is that they are practiced liars, and I do not believe a word they say. And my position will only change if they sell off most of their earthly possessions (like the 28,000 square foot house in NC that Edwards has) and donate it to Iraqi charities. That would indicate that they have realized what evil they have done and that they needed to make amends. Until that day, I will not vote for Edwards or Clinton.

I may vote for Obama. I have trouble with his wanting to "get along" and bring "all of us together" in a bipartisan fashion. I do not want to "get along" with liars and murderers. I do not want to "get together" with them. That will not change.

I support Kucinich right now - I may vote for Obama, Paul, or McKinney. The only reason I would vote for Paul is the fact that he has enough sense not to start or continue illegal wars, I am not in agreement with him on other issues.

ALSO - our idiot president bush AGAIN said that Saddam would not allow UN weapons inspectors into Iraq prior to the US invasion. He said this:

"And when he defied, when he refused to allow the inspectors in, when he made a statement by his actions that he didn't really care what the international community said, that I decided to make sure words meant something."
Words meant something? Well, I would like to share a few words with bush:

Bush is a liar.

Bush is a mass murderer.

Bush is a kidnapper, rapist, and torturer.

Bush is not worthy of licking dog shit off the streets in any part of the world.

No comments: