Saturday, February 02, 2008

To the landfill........



This is a couple of pictures of my paint roller and pan. I bought them in July 2000, when I purchased my condo and needed to re-paint the place. Every time I used them, I cleaned and dried them off and put them away in the closet.

A few months back, I went to a friend’s house to paint some signs for our vigils. I had to leave early to go do something else, and left the paint and the pan and the roller there at her place. I got it back last month, and a week or so later, pulled it out of the bag it was in…… and was really surprised. When I originally took it over to her place, it was in perfect shape. Today, the roller is still functional, but looks awful. The pan, however, is toast – at least as far as any indoor painting goes, nless I want bits of rust and old paint sticking to my walls with the new paint.

So, I will have to toss it and get another one to do some touch-ups needed around the condo. And the moral of this story is – take care of your stuff or else you fill up the landfill quicker!

No comments: