Sunday, May 24, 2009

Reflections on Canada – part two




After spending a few days in Hamilton, checking out the WiFi in the library, going to the Y, and visiting friends, I headed off to visit another friend in Pickering. That meant I drove on the 401 all the way through Toronto.

Driving on such busy highways just about unnerves me. Toronto is huge and intimidating.

I went to work with my friend one day, and in the morning we got to see a presentation on communicating with people who have lower cognitive functioning. That was really boring. I was going to head into Toronto with her on Friday, but her daughter was not feeling well, so I stayed home with her. We both slept all morning. My friend takes the GO train into work and then gets on the subway. It is the only way to go in Toronto, because driving there is just nuts.

I went that afternoon to Pickering Library. That was one of the best libraries that I have ever seen. It has a ton of stuff and great WiFi.

It seems I went to a lot of bookstores during my visit to Ontario too. I seem to have friends who like to read!

My friend has a house that backs into Duffins Creek, and the pictures are of that creek. They live in a flood plain, so they have a sump pump going in the basement.

No comments: