Saturday, March 20, 2010

After-action

I was told that Cindy Sheehan and several others had taken the cardboard coffins, with flags stapled to them, up in front of the White House gate.  They refused to leave and were arrested.

When I arrived, the Park Police were ripping the flags off the cardboard boxes, breaking them down, and putting them away.  Cleaning it up, I guess.  But here is the interesting thing - the female police officer by the name of Clark, pulled an American flag off a box, then dropped it on the ground and left it there.  She nearly stepped on it.  So, who would have thought that a police officer would desecrate the US flag right in front of the White House?  Wish I had thought to take a picture when the flag was on the ground, but for some reason, I didn't do that.  The last photo above is of Clark loading the box of flags into the park service truck.  Too bad all those flags will just go to waste.  I wish I could have had an Iraqi flag.  There were also flags from Lebanon, Palestine, and Afghanistan.

No comments: