Sunday, March 14, 2010

Today's Open House


Photo of Donna and Stack performing, taken by Laura S.

Today, the local chapter of the Veterans for Peace held an open house at their new office in downtown Asheville.  They showed a movie about the effects of war on the environment, and then had a live program of music, singing, readings, and short speeches.  It was recorded and will hopefully be on URTV in the new future.  The Vets for Peace have a TV show on URTV.  I very much enjoyed this presentation, and I wish I had brought my camera to take some pictures.  I enjoyed Donna's singing and playing the most.

I picked up a women named Iris and took her to this event.  She is a veteran, and interested in joining up with the Veterans for Peace.  She is a senior citizen and moved to our area a couple of months ago.  She does not drive, and we discussed how hard it is not to have bus service on Sunday, and not to have sidewalks on Riceville and Tunnel Roads.

No comments: