Friday, February 04, 2011

Mubarak must go!

I have been in communication with my Representative's office, the President's office, and both Senators office.  I have signed on to email written by various groups, and send my own emails.

Basically, President Obama needs to clearly call for Mubarak and his evil twin Suleiman (who is currently the vice-president) to leave NOW. 

It has been fascinating watching what is happening in Egypt on Al Jazeera English.  I have been watching a lot of it.

Here is one email I sent to my elected officials.  I did not write it, but I agree completely.

I write to urge you to support the Egypt democracy movement's one essential demand -- that Hosni Mubarak resign as president of Egypt.  President Obama has said that he supports democracy in Egypt.  Mr. Mubarak, a dictator for 30 years, is not the person to lead Egypt to that goal.  I, therefore, ask you to urge President Obama to support the Egyptian people's call for Mr. Mubarak to resign immediately.

Such a call would enhance the image of the United States in the Middle East by beginning to demonstrate to a new generation of Arabs that the United States genuinely values their voices and respects their human rights.  Please urge President Obama to take this excellent opportunity to advance the rights of Egyptians and interests of the United States.

No comments: