Saturday, October 29, 2011

Occupy Raleigh


I first drove by Occupy Raleigh on Thursday, October 27, 2011.  I was in town for a convention.  There were about a dozen people there early that morning, and they had their sleeping bags with them.  I did not have my camera available to take a picture.  Later in the day, I went to the area where they are protesting (in front of the state capitol) and joined them for a while.  There were about three dozen people there.  There were police there, and media was present.  I heard that 8 people were arrested later on.  I left (to go back to the convention) before any arrests.

The pictures above are what I saw early this morning.  NO people, just some signs laying around.  But I went back by later in the afternoon, and snapped the picture below.  I yelled WE ARE THE 99% out the window to them as I drove by.  They cheered.

Good to see some of them back there!

No comments: