Friday, October 07, 2011

Photo from October 2011 in DC

This photo came from a Code Pink email.  I am actually in the very bottom of the first "9".  I kept telling people to move back away from the nine figure, so that the picture would be clear.  People milling around just did not "get" what was going on.... which is why they are so close, I guess.  Although you would think standing around and watching people sit on the ground would be kinda boring. 

We got a late start today.  We are staying outside of the DC area, and the commute is very long.  It took us two hours to get back to the hotel yesterday and an hour and half to get into town today.  The group I am traveling with are delightful women, but they are NOT speedy at all.

The www.October2011.org event has really become one with OccupyDC.  Many slept out last night, many plan to keep on doing that.  I plan on commuting back to the hotel!

No comments: