Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Reflections of my life

This song was a hit for the British band, The Marmalade. It was a hit back in 1969. Back then, I could really relate to it - I was very unhappy as a teenager, with lots of strife and violence in my childhood home. I really felt that the world was a sad place - but I did not want to die. I moved out when I was 19, and my whole life changed for the better. It was (to this day) the most dramatic change in my life for the better, without question. I never, never what to go back to a living situation like that! I guess at the time "take me back to my old home" made me think of the time before all the abuse and turmoil started in my home, but I must have been very young when that was true. I did go on - in the 1970s - to change everything around me.

 This version has some pictures of veterans and military guys - I imagine that they have seen many sad and horrible things while they were in the service. And what they experienced often ruined their lives.


No comments: