Saturday, March 28, 2015

Earth Hour


Photo came from World Wildlife Fund.

I make an effort, every day, to use as little electricity as possible. I sure am addicted to my car though. I will be turning off my lights for Earth Hour. Earth hour is at 8:30 PM local time, today. From the World Wildlife Fund:

This month we're celebrating Earth Hour 2015 and I want to make sure you participate.  
The world is facing a climate crisis. If we don't act, then humans, wildlife and the planet will suffer. By turning off your lights for Earth Hour you're helping us send a signal to world leaders that we want to fight climate change together and we must do it now.
On Saturday, March 28, from 8:30-9:30 PM local time hundreds of millions of people, businesses and cities around the world will turn off their lights for Earth Hour.  Can I count on you to join WWF and me in showing a commitment to climate change action?  
Take two easy steps to get involved:
1. Tell us you'll do it. It's important we know how many people are participating because we report this number to leaders across the globe as a show of support for strong climate action.
2. Turn off your lights on Saturday, March 28, at 8:30 PM wherever you are and be a part of Earth Hour with millions of people around the globe, committing to a better future. 
We know you care about our planet as much as we do, so we hope you'll join us and make this Earth Hour bigger than ever. 

No comments: