Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Afghanistan Incidents for 5/10/06

Afghanistan:
#1: Two Afghan farmers have been killed in clashes with counternarcotics agents destroying opium fields. Nine policemen were also wounded when shooting broke out on May 9 in the northern province of Sar-e Pol.

#2: Ousted Taliban members on Wednesday claimed to have killed five Afghan policemen and injured four others, while the Afghan police were reported to have killed three insurgents in Afghanistan's southern province of Helmand.


I really have to thank whisker for sending me these links on Afghanistan (along with the Iraqi links, which I post on my News About Iraq blog). He is doing a fantastic job of rounding up what is happening in both countries, at least as far as what gets reported in the media. We all know that a lot of things don't get reported in the media, unfortunately. So, I would like to say a big THANK YOU to whisker for doing this nearly every day.

I don't really intend to turn this into a blog about Afghanistan, but I don't want these incidents to go unnoticed, which is why I am putting them up here.

No comments: