Friday, May 04, 2007

Protests This Week - Pakistan

PHOTO: Afghan refugee students chant slogans during a protest rally organized by the Revolutionary Association of the Women of Afghanistan (RAWA) in Islamabad April 28, 2007. RAWA protesters, including women and children, demanded for peace and democracy in their war-ravaged country on Saturday.

REUTERS/Faisal Mahmood (PAKISTAN)

It seemed to me that there were a large number of protests around the world this week. I decided to download the photos and present them here on my blog. The one in Turkey was the largest; the one in Norway was the one that was tear gassed. The ones in Iraq were ignored and participants brutalized. I have no pictures for the ones in the USA on May 1, 2007. There were human rights violations, at least at the one in LA.

RAWA is always one of my favorites.

No comments: