Saturday, June 09, 2007

Letter to Democrats who support more occupation

Lobbying in DC

This week, I am lobbying in DC. I will be taking the following to all the Democratic Senators who voted for more war last month and I will take a copy to the NC Democratic Representatives who voted for more war last month also. I wish I could take one to every Democratic Representative who voted for this – but it was too many. If your Representative was one of them, feel free to copy and mail this off to them. I will be telling the staff person (or Senator or Representative, if I see them) that I want this occupation of Iraq to END NOW. I put my name and address on the back of every one. I included three photos on the letter – the one on this blog post and two others that I have linked to below.

Here’s the letter:

DEMOCRATS – TAKE A GOOD HARD LOOK AT THE EVIL THAT YOU DECIDED TO CONTINUE BY FUNDING BUSH’S WAR

Home Invasions……..

A girl sits on her mother's lap after a raid by joint U.S.-Iraqi forces in Mosul May 23, 2007. U.S. forces raided six buildings and arrested five suspected insurgents during a raid in Mosul, the forces said in a statement. The girl's mother claimed she and her daughter had their hands hurt during the raid. REUTERS/Khaled al-Mousuly

Children murdered while sleeping…..

An Iraqi woman reacts at the site where three members of her family were killed in Sadr City slum of Baghdad, Iraq, Sunday, May 13, 2007. A U.S. military helicopter opened fire at a family sleeping on their rooftop, killing a mother and two children and injuring two other children, Iraqi police said. (AP Photo/Karim Kadim) The stain on the roof is blood. There was a lot more blood in the photo, but I cropped it out. A mother and two children were killed by the US military while sleeping. This is pure evil.

Children living in tent cities with no water, electricity, health care or schools…….pictured above.

Iraqi refugees from the violence-ridden Diyala province, northeast of Baghdad, sit in their tent, provided by the Iraqi Red Crescent Society in the al-Husseiniya district of the capital city. Nine hundred families are currently staying in the tent city according to Red Crescent workers. (AFP/Ali al-Saadi) Imagine living in a tent with no electricity and no water, with all these young children.

No comments: