Saturday, March 28, 2009

Earth Hour!




Tonight, at 8:30 PM local time, the World Wildlife Federation is asking everyone to turn out their lights for one hour.

They call it Earth Hour.

The purpose is to raise awareness of global climate change, and how we need to act to save our planet.

This is a photo of the front yard at Asheville Friends Meeting House. I took it in the spring of 2008. Life on this planet is too beautiful to allow it to be wrecked by climate change. And, the less electricity we use the less coal we burn and the less air pollution we cause, and therefore the less asthma kids get. I am not sure that my turning out my lights will make a difference (I only have one light on at a time, and I use energy efficient bulbs), but I will turn out the lights anyway for at least an hour tonight.

No comments: