Thursday, January 20, 2005

Snowy Day

Today was a beautiful snowy day in DC, and quite cold too. It rather made me want to stay inside, but I went to the Eyes Wide Open exhibit at the National City Christian Church. I spent most of my time there tying together the civilian shoes so that they stay with their mates. I used safety pins and ties for this also. I got my shoes back! I rather thought I would.

On the way back to the Wm. Penn House, I saw fireworks. I cannot believe that people are celebrating this inaugural, it strikes me as the saddest day of our countries history. Bush said yesterday to some troops "More will be asked of you". I guess that means more war.

Tomorrow is the counter-inaugeral, and I am going with Linda and Caroline from the Wm. Penn House. It is supposed to be cold again. Then I am going back to Eyes Wide Open to listen to the speakers and stay for the candle service.

I am very sad about the direction my country is headed.

No comments: