Thursday, January 18, 2007

Letter to Hendersonville Times

To the Editor:

I am totally appalled at what we have done to the people and country of
Iraq. They never attacked us. They never threatened us. And yet we have
turned their country into a living hell. To suggest that more troops are
needed flies in the face of current events, logic and common sense - and
common decency. We need to end this occupation of Iraq, not escalate it.
We need to help the international community help Iraqis with reconstruction
of their country.

There will be a vigil at Rep. Shuler's office about this escalation. I
will not be able to make this vigil, but I am there in spirit. This war
and occupation are the most immoral, most evil, most illegal action taken
by my government in my entire 50+ years. It is also take-your-breath-away
stupid. And no matter how long it goes on, these facts will never change.

No comments: