Thursday, November 15, 2007

A news item they overlooked


This massive demonstration took place in Venezuela. We heard about the smaller demonstrations by the anti-Chavez people - which turned violent, and resulted in at least one death. There is a group in Venezuela that is very much opposed to what Chavez is doing there.

I don't care what Chavez is doing. Since I live in the USA, it is just none of my business, as long as he is not committing horrible human rights abuses. And he is not - he is hurting the corporations, and I say more power to that idea. I have heard that he wants to be 'president for life' and I find that a stupid idea, but again, it is really none of my business. IT IS ALSO NONE OF THE US CONGRESS OR WHITE HOUSE FOLKS BUSINESS EITHER - but they seem to feel differently about that fact. They seem to think that God appointed them to stick their noses into other countries' business, which really means that they think they have the right to promote the interests of the multi-national corporations over the interests of the native people.

This massive demonstration, which happened on November 4, 2007, was the pro-Chavez crowd. They were told to wear red and show up with signs. I can only guess from this picture that a lot of those folks in Venezuela are happy to have Chavez in power for life.

It is their country - they get to decide.

And you never saw or heard a word of this demonstration in your papers or on your TV "news" because the elites in this country want to keep you stupid.

No comments: