Tuesday, September 21, 2010

From Our Journey to Smile on this International Day of Peace

Heart to heart!
I want to be your friend.
To set my small heart free.

Zekerullah and Afghan youth ask the world to reach their human hearts through Skype calls to the Afghan Youth Peace Volunteers on the 21st September 2010 International Day of Peace..... If you and your friends would reach out this way, even for a minute, please email dougwmackey@gmail.com and arrange to talk with the Afghan Youth Peace Volunteers!

"We will plan to be together the whole day of 21st to receive calls, for all of 24 hours from 8.00 am, ... We'd rather take your calls than join the 'officials' in paying lip service to peace...and we'd rather stay awake to hear your voices than sleep without those human connections we yearn for." Hakim and the Afghan Youth Peace Volunteers

I refuse the dictation that our pain is passive, or alone.
I refuse to weep this way.

"If you should kill me unawares...
don't forget I had asked for your friendship & love."
15-year-old Afghan boy Zekerullah.

No comments: