Thursday, September 16, 2010

Support of Accused WikiLeaks Whistleblower Bradley Manning

Global Action Days Announced in Support of Accused WikiLeaks Whistleblower Bradley Manning

I cannot organize anything locally and I cannot travel out of town this weekend, but I can mark it on my blog, which is what I am doing here.  I think this man, if he did actually leak the WikiLeaks video and papers, is a hero.  I am proud of him.

From United for Peace and Justice:

Supporters of Bradley Manning are calling for his immediate release and that all charges against him be dropped, regardless of which person or persons contributed to the release of the WikiLeaks documents. Filmmaker Michael Moore, who joined the Bradley Manning Support Network's Advisory Board over the weekend, stated: "Whoever is responsible for the Afghanistan leaks is a courageous patriot who should be celebrated for bringing the truth of this war to the American people. Whether or not Pfc. Bradley Manning is the leaker, he must be set free." Events and rallies have already been confirmed for New York City NY, Oakland CA, San Diego CA, Minneapolis MN, San Francisco CA, Houston TX, London UK, Fort Lewis WA (Seattle area), Columbus OH, and Quantico VA--near the Marine brig where Bradley is being is currently being held in pre-trial confinement.

No comments: