Monday, October 22, 2007

Letter to Rep. Watt (NC)

September 16, 2007
Representative Melvin Watt
Main District Office
1230 W. Morehead St., Ste. 306
Charlotte, NC 28208

Dear Representative Watt:

I am writing you today to thank you for signing on to the letter to Mr. Bush, written by Woolsey and Lee and the rest of the Progressive Caucus, saying that:

“We are writing to inform you that we will only support appropriating additional funds for U.S. military operations in Iraq during Fiscal Year 2008 and beyond for the protection and safe redeployment of all our troops out of Iraq before you leave office.”

I am very supportive of this position, and of all the work the Progressive Caucus is doing. I know I speak for a lot of progressives around the state when I say I wish all our Representatives in North Carolina would follow your lead. The reason I am a member of, and work for, the Progressive Democrats of America is to support the members of the Progressive Caucus. I sincerely hope we can elect more good men and women (like the members of the Progressive Caucus) to office in DC. We desperately need them.

I will be emailing members of PDA in North Carolina soon to share this news with them, and to ask them to call their own Representatives and ask them to also sign on to this letter.

Thank you for all the good work you do.


Full text of the letter that the Progressive Caucus has signed on to.

It was Rep. Lee and Rep. Woolsey that started this letter, and they are two of my favorite people in DC.

No comments: