Thursday, October 11, 2007

Upcoming event


NC Stop Torture Now is holding an event on October 27, 2007 in Smithfield NC. They will have a Peace Rally and a walk of remembrance for victims of war and torture. (Heaven knows, we got a lot of them now!) I wish I could attend this event, but I have another commitment. This group has been working very hard on stopping torture flights (like the one that took Mr. el Masri to Afghanistan) by Aero Contractors and they are also working on stopping the criminal abuses by Blackwater. Both of those companies are, unfortunately, North Carolina companies.

To get more information on the events that they will be holding on October 27, 2007 - or to help sponsor these events - go to NC STOP TORTURE NOW website.

I commend them for their very hard work. I hope they are very, very successful in stopping these crimes.

No comments: