Monday, October 01, 2007

War on Iran

First, I do not think the bush/cheney administration is going to bomb Iran. And I don’t think that because they have enough sense to know that we cannot do this without serious repercussions to Americans. I recognize that they have very, very, very little common sense. And they certainly won’t bomb Iran because of their moral convictions. They have NONE of that confusing their lives. NO morality holding them back at all, as far as I can see.

I think their plan right now is to weaken Iran, to get them to the point where it would be easy to bomb and control that country….. or at least, that is their hope. Like all bullies, they don’t want to pick on someone who is their own size or strength – they want someone much, much weaker than them to pick. And this was the idea behind the sanctions for so many years on Iraq. So, right now, the plan is to make Iran weaker and more ostracized by the world. Then, someday in the future, maybe they will be able to start up a war on Iran, when conditions are right. They have also been doing "covert" operations in Iran, as part of they plan to weaken them..... and provoke them. They are also working on economic 'warfare' against Iran with their sanctions and interference with their banks.

These guys will provoke Iran if they can – and they are trying hard to do that – because if Iran attacks first, then they will have a “good reason” to go and bomb Iran and start up a fight. If Iran attacks first, then Americans will get behind starting up a war or attack on Iran. But this would have to be pretty blatant. Part of this "provocation" is the massive build up of force in the Persian Gulf.

If they were to bomb Iran, that would make Iraq an even more dangerous place for everyone currently there. I am sure the Iranians would bomb our troops in retaliation. And, it would probably disrupt the oil supply coming out of the Middle East.

I guess it would be "dangerous" to Americans if that happened, in that we would suffer economic consequences. Considering that we started up (or allowed to start up) an illegal war of aggression on Iraq, and considering how many Americans supported this in 2003, then some serious economic consequences would seem to be in order. (Right now, most Americans are against the war not because it is an evil monstrosity, but because we are losing. They don't like losing.) I think going totally broke is one of two things that will stop Americans from supporting all this warmongering and all this excessive military spending.... the other option is to have war come to our front porches, and then go broke. I am hoping for the first option. Better to go broke without war than with war.

This is one time when I hope my 'take' of a situation is accurate. I hope I am right. In the post, I often hoped I was wrong about what I thought the US administration might do - and I usually hoped in vain.

No comments: