Saturday, March 23, 2013

An Iraqi Fairy Tale



An Iraqi Fairy Tale
By Jenan Mohammad
I read something that made me very sad. There are currently 5 million Iraqi orphans due to the war and occupation of iraq....that was hard for me to comprehend that there were 5 million children's parents who are no longer around because of a false war. Every child in the world deserves to be loved and cared for by their parents...  God help those children....

An Iraqi fairy tale
By Jenan Mohammad

A river of blood is all I see
A barrier to peace
they offer me

Let the desert burn
and burn

For what crime did my baby earn?
His body churns
from white phosphorus
sent by democracy
weapons of mass destruction
a clever fantasy
For the only ones I saw
were those that  you brought
Raining down
from your shock and awe

Lit the sky with your pride
Shame, fame, fables, lies
Rich men’s noble tales or
Wall Street fairy tales;
A land of orphans you did create
A family of women; all men detained
Gone in the night; never to return
No end in sight

Unlearn what you learned
My reality is your fiction
My fate is your position
My freedom at your discretion
My faith; oh you’re mistaken

Slavery to a dark policy
I won’t submit
My neighbors agree
we will commit
pledge allegiance to our stance
With my right hand
I ask you to remember
The heroes of American past                                                                                                                   fought for independence                                                                                                                     with the same mask
We race to freedom                                                                                     
from your clutches
Take off your mask
See my reflection?                                                                                                                           Unleash our oil from your “protection”

No comments: